Coastline ROP aspires to be recognized by its partner districts as the premier provider of innovative career technical education promoting student engagement, student achievement, and college and career readiness. The strategic priorities below will help us achieve this goal.
1. Career Exploration
Objective: We will offer career education courses for students to explore and prepare for college and successful careers.
- Collaborate with district and community partners on new course creation focused on labor market gaps and student interest.
- Increase accessibility to classes through the use of hybrid, virtual, and short-term offerings.
- Develop a plan for middle school exploration.
- Create a plan to increase career awareness programs for students.
- Secure work-based learning experiences for all students.
2. Awareness & Engagement
Objective: We will raise awareness of Coastline ROP and career education, and engage partners in education, industry, government, and the community to create opportunities for students.
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and social media plan.
- Explore overhaul of organization brand: new name, new logo, new mission statement.
- Develop a school-by-school plan for raising awareness of Coastline ROP with students and parents
- Superintendent and Educational Services team will maintain a high level of visibility.
- Develop outreach materials for fairs, events, and other opportunities that show the value of ROP classes.
3. Fiscal Responsibility
Objective: We will maximize opportunities to increase organizational efficiency and fiscal stability.
- Increase enrollments as well as number of sections to lower overhead cost-per-section.
- Investigate using current and new technology to increase operational efficiency.
- Explore various investment opportunities.
- Develop a plan for strategic use of Covid relief funds to drive long-term fiscal strength.
- Continue to pursue existing state grant funds while expanding efforts to secure other grant sources.
4. Organizational Culture
Objective: We will focus on our mission, health and wellness, and life-long learning.
- Imbed professional development in individual goals.
- Evaluate current mission and vision to ensure alignment with strategic priorities.
- Maintain a focus on our mission: students.
- Ensure alignment of our human resources policies with the needs of our workforce and talent pipeline.
- Develop a compensation plan that is focused on hiring and retaining top talent.